레플리
글 수 281

와튼스쿨 에단 몰릭 교수의 Bing 사용 후기

조회 수 134 추천 수 0 2023.02.19 17:49:59

와튼스쿨의 에단 몰릭 경영학 교수가 Bing을 써보고 후기를 남겼습니다. 간단히 요약하면 다음과 같습니다.

Bing이 웹 연결 등 ChatGPT보다 훨씬 뛰어남

Bing과 대화하면 사람처럼 느껴질 정도

Bing은 과거 AI가 하지 못할거라 생각했던 일들을 이미 가능하게 만들었음. 정보 기반 업무들에 큰 영향을 끼칠 것임. 우리는 빨리 이 새로운 툴을 어떻게 업무에 통합할 것인지 알아내야 함. 그래야 경쟁 우위를 가짐. 하지만 아직 그 방법을 모름. 시행착오를 통해 배워야 함.

-----------------------------------

Some lessons of the insane past 4 days of generative AI, as someone who had access to Bing during and after the "Sydney" era. (Trying this as a long tweet rather than a thread...)

1) Bing AI was two things: a chatbot and an evolution of ChatGPT into a web-connected, supercharged form. There is no reason these two things had to be connected, but they were.

2) The new Bing AI version of search and retrieval (without the chatbot) is much more powerful than ChatGPT. It has some of the same issues (like hallucination and terrible math) but less so, and is capable of some really extraordinary tasks. When I put it to the test, it can do things like read multiple research papers and identify gaps; improve its own writing by asking it to look at online examples of good writing; and do complex analyses integrating diverse information. The work was really, really impressive.

3) The Bing Chatbot was often unsettling. I say that as someone who knows that there is no actual personality or entity behind a LLM model. But, even knowing that it was basically auto-completing a dialog based on my prompts, it felt like you were dealing with a real person. I never attempted to "jailbreak" the chatbot or make it act in any particular way, but I still got answers that felt extremely personal, and interactions that made the bot feel intentional.

4) The lesson of the Chatbot was that we can very easily be fooled by an AI into thinking it is sentient. It isn't just Turing Test passing, it is eerily convincing even if you know it is a bot, and even at this very early stage of evolution. Even if Bing isn't doing this anymore, there is no doubt other AI bots will come along, and may already be deployed (I assume governments have LLMs at the level of Bing, but with less guardrails). We should be considering about what that means.

5) The lesson of the Bing AI version of ChatGPT is that many of the things we thought AI would be bad at for awhile (complex integration of data sources, "learning" and improving by being told to look online for examples, seemingly creative suggestions based on research, etc.) are already possible. There is no doubt it will have a large effect on anyone doing information-based work. Early AI assistants, like Copilot, already cut the time for complex tasks like coding in half. This will do the same, or more, across many industries. I think every organization that has a substantial analysis or writing component to their work will need to figure out how to incorporate these new tools fast, because the competitive advantage gain is potentially enormous. And there is no instruction manual. You can only learn through trial-and-error.

We got a glimpse of the future in the past few days, and the gap between ChatGPT (which is already causing waves in many industries) and Bing AI remains enormous. I was not expecting things in AI to keep moving this fast, but now there is every indication they will continue to do so. I don't think anyone knows what this all means, but I think we should be ready for a very weird world.

엮인글 :
List of Articles
제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수sort
Pi를 만든 Inflection AI, MS로 대거 이직한 이유 깊은바다 2024-03-25 44
MS의 CTO인 Kevin Scott과 OpenAI와의 협업 깊은바다 2023-03-17 81
ChatGPT 2달만에 누적 사용자 1억명 돌파 깊은바다 2023-02-03 88
ChatGPT iOS 버전 출시 file 깊은바다 2023-05-19 97
ChatGPT가 Stack Overflow를 대체할까 깊은바다 2023-02-16 104
구글의 초거대AI LaMDA, 과연 의식을 가지고 있을까 깊은바다 2023-02-17 106
MS의 목적은 ChatGPT로 구글이 장악한 검색시장 자체를 무너뜨리는 것 깊은바다 2023-02-11 119
ChatGPT와 대화 인공지능의 미래 깊은바다 2023-02-17 123
와튼스쿨 에단 몰릭 교수의 Bing 사용 후기 깊은바다 2023-02-19 134